This is the official web site of the East Falls Golf Championship, which was originally known (and is still affectionately referred to) as the East Falls Open. You can find information about the history of the event, the rules, recent results, sponsors, and much more.
98th Annual East Falls Golf Championship
Monday, September 11, 2017
Sandy Run Country Club
- $125 if paid ahead
- $135 if paid day of event
- $100 for players competing in Senior Flight
To register, please contact Chris Kallmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rich and unique history of the East Falls Open is the focal point of this website. By sifting through old newspapers at the Philadelphia Library, we have compiled a collection of original newspaper articles going back to the original of the East Falls Open in 1920.
Click here to read more about the history of the East Falls Open and to view the original newspapers articles going back to 1920.
Did you know?
- The East Falls Open was played at the original site of the Philadelphia Country Club (which was located at the base of City Line Avenue) for the first 18 years of the event (from 1920 through 1937).
- The East Falls Open was considered a “major” event on the local professional circuit in the 1920’s and 1930’s.
- Five-time U.S. Women’s Open champion Glenna Collett Vare once played in the East Falls Open and it was the first time a woman played in a men's professional event in the northeastern United States.
- 1965 PGA Champion and 1981 Ryder Cup captain Dave Marr Jr. played in the East Falls Open in 1955 at the age of 21.
If you have any information about the history of the East Falls Open, we'd love to hear from you about it. Please contact Chris Kallmeyer at email@example.com.
The John B. Kelley trophy (1938-1965) and the current trophy (1980-current)
1924 East Falls Open